Return and Warranty Policies
Everything that goes into a WaterCop system is proven in the most demanding plumbing environments and backed by our return and warranty policies.
WaterCop Customers who need to return a direct purchase from DynaQuip Controls may, within 45 days from order date, return any unused, resalable product in original packaging with all manuals, accessories, and documentation to us for a full refund of the purchase price minus a 25% restocking fee. Shipping charges are not refundable. If you are returning a product that was incorrectly shipped by us, all shipping charges for that product will be refunded and the restocking fee will not apply. This policy does not include items purchased from other retailers. Return those items directly to the original retailer.
All returns, regardless of reason, require a “Return Goods Authorization Number”
To request a Return Authorization Number (RGA#), please email or call DynaQuip Controls Customer Support at (800)545-3636 and provide the following information:
- Customer name and order number
- Product part number and serial number (if motorized)
- Reason for return
Ship Prepaid (postage due shipments will be refused) to:
RGA # XXXXXX (insert RGA number here)
10 Harris Industrial Park
St. Clair, MO 63077
DynaQuip Controls will only receive returns that have a valid “Return Goods Authorization Number” plainly visible on the outside of the package. All other returns will be refused. ALL returns are subject to inspection and final approval by DynaQuip Controls. Upon product inspection, a credit for the original purchase price may be issued less a 25% restocking fee. The returned product must be received back in our warehouse within 45 days from date of purchase unless a warranty claim applies (see Two-Year Limited Warranty information below). Shipping charges are not refundable. Units to be returned should be packed carefully and in original packaging when possible. Please be advised that packages sent by normal US Postal Service cannot be tracked to ensure delivery. Because DynaQuip Controls cannot provide credit for a return without confirming receipt, we recommend that you use a delivery service that can be tracked and or insured, such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL. You will receive a notification once the return has been processed.
Three-Year Limited Warranty
DynaQuip Controls Corporation (DynaQuip) warrants its WaterCop electric valve actuator and electronic sensor and electronic system control components against defects in material and workmanship for a period of three (3) years from the date of original shipment, per our Limited Warranty Statement below. DynaQuip Controls warrants its WaterCop brass ball valve mechanical component against defects in material and workmanship for five (5) years. In the event that such defects appear within the warranty period, DynaQuip Controls will, at its option, and upon written notification thereof and substantiation that, the product(s) have been stored, installed, maintained and operated in accordance with DynaQuip’s recommendations and standard industry practice, repair or replace the product without charge. All products repaired or replaced under this warranty will be returned to purchaser ground freight prepaid by DynaQuip.
Full Warranty Text
DynaQuip Controls Corporation, 10 Harris Industrial Park, Saint Clair, Missouri 63077, warrants its WaterCop electric valve actuator and electronic sensor and electronic system control components against defects in material and workmanship for a period of three (3) years from the date of original purchase. DynaQuip Controls warrants its WaterCop brass ball valve mechanical component against defects in material and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of original purchase. In the event that such defects appear within the warranty period, DynaQuip Controls will, at its option, and upon written notification thereof and substantiation that, the product(s) have been stored, installed, maintained and operated in accordance with DynaQuip’s recommendations and standard industry practice, repair or replace the product without charge. This warranty shall be invalidated by any abuse, misuse, misapplication, improper installation, physical damage, modification, or disassembly at any place other than the point of original manufacture. This shall constitute the exclusive remedy for breach of warranty, and DynaQuip Controls shall not be responsible for any incidental or consequential damages, including, without limitation, damages or other costs resulting from labor charges, improper installation, unlicensed installation, building code violations, delays, vandalism, negligence, fouling caused by foreign material, damage from adverse water conditions, chemicals, weather, or any other circumstances over which DynaQuip Controls has no direct or immediate control. DYNAQUIP CONTROLS MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED EXCEPT AS PROVIDED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
The seller does not represent that the product; will completely prevent any property loss or damage caused by sudden or accidental discharge of water from plumbing supply and/or drain systems into areas of a residential and/or commercial property; may not be compromised or circumvented; or that the product will in all cases provide immediate and adequate warning or protection. Buyer understands that a properly installed and maintained automatic water shut-off system; may only reduce the risk directly associated with sudden and accidental water loss events, may still result in significant water damage to property, and is not considered loss or casualty insurance or a guarantee that such will not occur, or that there will be no personal injury or property loss as a result. CONSEQUENTLY, SELLER SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR OTHER LOSS BASED ON A CLAIM THE PRODUCT FAILED TO TURN OFF WATER SUPPLY OR GIVE WARNING OF A POTENTIAL WATER LOSS EVENT. HOWEVER, IF SELLER IS HELD LIABLE, WHETHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE OR ORIGIN, SELLER’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY SHALL NOT IN ANY CASE EXCEED THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT, WHICH SHALL BE THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AGAINST THE SELLER. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state. No increase or alteration, written or verbal, to this warranty is authorized.
DynaQuip Controls Corporation reserves the right to change or improve the design of any DynaQuip Controls manufactured product without assuming any obligations to modify product previously manufactured or sold.
Missing items from your order MUST be reported to DynaQuip Controls within 15 business days from the invoice date or the claim may be denied. All claims are subject to verification by DynaQuip Controls.
Please inspect your WaterCop products upon arrival to check for any damages to the product. All claims must be reported to DynaQuip within 15 business days from the invoice date or your claim will be denied.
Our technical support team will be happy to help trouble-shoot possible defective units via phone (800) 545-3636 or email during normal business hours. Many issues can be resolved using this free service. If system components returned to DynaQuip for repair or replacement are deemed to be working properly and not defective, the customer will be charged a $25 diagnostic fee and will be required to pay for return shipping.
Items will be charged $25/hr for labor and diagnostics (2 hour minimum) plus the prices of repair parts and return shipping and handling costs. In the event a system is determined to be Out of Warranty, DynaQuip Controls will advise the customer of a repair estimate and obtain permission to proceed with repairs prior to incurring any repair charges.
Abandoned Product Policy
If a customer refuses to pay for return shipping as set out in these warranty guidelines, DynaQuip will hold the product for up to 45 days after which the product will be considered “abandoned” and DynaQuip will relinquish responsibility for the product and will dispose of the product accordingly.
ATTENTION! The Limitations of This Automatic Water Shut-Off System
While this is an advanced design automatic water shut-off system, it does not offer guaranteed protection against sudden or accidental discharge of water from a plumbing system. Any automatic water shut-off system, whether commercial or residential, is subject to compromise or failure to warn or activate for a variety of reasons. Examples may include:
- Water intrusion from sources external to the plumbing supply system such as; gravity drain systems, rain, hurricane, storm water, sewer back-up, swimming pools, spas, thawing snow and ice, ice dams, HVAC condensation, freezer defrosting, softener recirculation cycles, etc.
- Electronic water shut-off valves, water leak and intrusion detectors and sensors, and many other automated sensing devices will not work without electricity. Battery operated devices will not work without batteries, with dead or insufficiently charged batteries, or if the batteries are not installed properly. Devices powered solely by AC power will not function properly if their AC power supply is interrupted, however briefly, or cut off for any reason.
- Radio signals sent by wireless transmitters may be blocked, reflected, or degraded by metal or other significantly dense building or construction materials and can significantly reduce transmission range or proper end-to-end device communication. Even if the signal path has been inspected during a regular testing procedure or process, interference or degradation can occur if a metal object or other significantly dense building or construction materials are moved into or added in the vicinity of the signal path(s). Regular testing of wireless communications is strongly recommended.
- Sudden and accidental water leaks from plumbing supply systems can occur at anytime and at any point in a water supply line system. Sensor placement and testing is critical to achieve best performance in water leak detection. Leaks that occur in unmonitored areas will not be quickly detected or may not be detected at all by the leak detection system.
- This equipment, like other electrical/electronic devices, is subject to component failure. Even though this equipment is tested at the factory prior to shipment and designed to last as long as 20 years when properly maintained, the electronic components could fail at any time.
- As with other electrical/electronic devices, power surges, spikes, and brown-outs can cause circuitry to suddenly malfunction and/or fail. Effective surge protection is necessary to avoid potential damage to the electronics of this system.
- The automatic valve is designed to provide positive shut-off of the plumbing water supply when connected to uninterrupted, live AC power. However, if the valve becomes corroded or blocked due to normal sediment, scale, or other internal water line material build-up, the valve may not function properly when needed. A regular valve testing procedure is strongly recommended.
- The most common reason an automatic water shut-off system fails to perform when needed is due to inadequate maintenance. We strongly recommend that this system be tested at least monthly to verify that the system and all its components and accessories are working properly.
An automatic water shut-off system is not intended to substitute for adequate property insurance or proper home or facilities maintenance.
How can we help you?
To learn more about how WaterCop detects and automatically stops plumbing leaks in your home or commercial building, contact us today.